Health Insurance Waiver
CampusCare Student Health Insurance Program
UIC requires that all registered students be covered by health insurance and provides a plan, known as CampusCare, for which a fee is automatically assessed–along with tuition and other fees. If you have comparable coverage it is possible to waive this fee. When you register for summer session classes you will be enrolled automatically in CampusCare for the summer. There is no enrollment form to complete. Eligible students include all registered degree and non-degree Undergraduate, Graduate, and Health Professional students.
CampusCare benefits include:
- Physician, hospital and emergency room services
- Discounted vision and dental program
- Behavioral health services
- Prescription drug program
Student Health Insurance coverage begins on Monday, May 20, 2013 for students who register for any summer courses before Monday, June 3, 2013. If you register for courses after June 3, 2013 your coverage will begin on the date you register. In order to avoid problems with access to coverage, the CampusCare office advises you to register for courses before May 20. Coverage will end for all enrolled summer students on Thursday, August 15, 2013.
Student Health Insurance Fee
The Student Health Insurance fee is one of several fees that appear on your student account. The rate for the Summer Session 2013 is $264. Note: Fees are subject to change prior to the start of the term. Also note that the Student Health Insurance Fee is different from the Student Health Services Fee, which is a mandatory fee that cannot be waived. For more information about the services covered by the Student Health Services Fee, go to the Department of Family Medicine Web site.
Only students with comparable health insurance coverage, for example through a legal guardian or an employer, can waive out of the program by submitting the online waiver form by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, June 3rd. Students who have applied or registered after June 3 should contact the Summer Session Office for assistance.
Steps to Submitting the Waiver before June 3
- After you register for courses, log in to the CampusCare Web site using your UIC netID and password. If this summer is the first time that you have registered for courses at UIC, please wait 24 – 48 hours after you register before you log in to submit the waiver.
- Select “Request a Summer 2013 CampusCare waiver” and make sure you provide a valid e-mail address on this form because this is the primary way that CampusCare will communicate with you.
- Complete the form and select “Submit” to complete the process.
- Print or record the confirmation number that is provided to you automatically after you submit the waiver. If you contact CampusCare with any questions, please include this number.
- After you have submitted the wavier you will receive an email from CampusCare within 5-10 business days notifying you if the status of your waiver.
- If your email notification indicates that your waiver has been approved, your student account will be adjusted within 7 business days.
- If approved, a waiver remains in effect until a Reinstatement Application Form is submitted through the CampusCare Web site.
If there are any unusual circumstances why you missed the June 3rd deadline date to waive CampusCare, you may submit an official letter of Appeal explaining why the deadline was missed