Student ID (i-card)

Visiting students are not required to have a student ID (i-card), but we recommend you get one. You’ll need an i-card for access to certain campus services.

How to get an i-card

ID center locations & hours

If you are a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or University of Illinois at Springfield, you can use your ID from your home school for most services. However, if you want to use any of the recreation facilities or purchase a parking assignment, you’ll need to get a UIC i-card.

Please note that the i-card is the property of the university and must be returned to the Photo ID Office. There is a charge to replace lost or stolen i-cards.