Tuition and Fees
Your tuition will be calculated depending on how you applied to the Summer Session: as a Summer Session Only student or as an Intercampus Student.
The cost of your summer courses is determined by the following features:
- Range tuition–UIC assesses tuition in ranges rather than by individual credit hour. In summer, the ranges are:
Range I: 6 or more credit hours
Range II: 3-5 credit hours
Range III: 1-2 credit hours
Range IV: 0 credit hours
- Base Tuition Rate–Students who applied through Intercampus Registration will pay the UIC version of their guaranteed base tuition rate. Students who applied through the Summer Session Only application will pay a non-guaranteed base tuition rate.
- Fees and Assessments–The total cost of attendance at UIC includes tuition, fees, and assessments. Although your tuition and assessment is based on your credit hours, every enrolled student is charged a set amount of fees.
- Residency–If your official residence is in Illinois, you qualify for in-state tuition rates. Non-residents pay the out-of-state rate. For university policy governing residency, read the university’s Residency Requirements. If you are unsure if you qualify for resident tuition, please contact the Office of Admissions at (312) 996-4350. A residency specialist will review each case to determine if you qualify for in-state tuition.
- Lab Fees–Some courses may require you to pay lab fees. Check the Class Schedule Search to see if the course you are interested in requires a lab fee.
Tuition and Fees for Summer Session Only Students (Students Not Using Financial Aid)
Below are the Summer 2013 General Undergraduate Non-Guaranteed tuition and fees rates (tuition and fees are subject to change prior to start of term). These rates apply to students who filled out the Summer Session Only application. Please note that tuition is determined by the total number of credit hours that you’re enrolled in over the entire summer, regardless of whether you enroll in the 4-week session only, the 8-week session only, or both sessions.
Illinois Resident General Undergraduate Non-Guaranteed Rate, Summer 2013:
- 3-5 credit hours – $2,520
- 6 or more credit hours – $3,456
Non-Resident General Undergraduate Non-Guaranteed Rate, Summer 2013:
- 3-5 credit hours – $4,378
- 6 or more credit hours – $6,244
Some courses may require you to pay lab fees. Check the Class Schedule Search to see if the course you are interested in requires a lab fee.
For an itemized breakout of these amounts, check the Detailed Tuition and Fees Table for Summer Session Only students. The Explanation of Tuition and Fees page on the UIC Registration Web site provides students with a detailed description of the services supported by these fees.
Tuition and Fees for Intercampus Students (Students Using Financial Aid)
The Intercampus Registration program allows you to preserve your guaranteed tuition rate from when you began your degree program. You will be assessed the UIC equivalent of the guaranteed tuition rate from your home institution. Go to the Tuition and Fees page for an itemized listing of all tuition and fees based on your student level residency (Illinois resident or non-resident), curriculum/college, and range (the number of credit hours taken). Please note that tuition is determined by the total number of credit hours that you’re enrolled in over the entire summer, regardless of whether you enroll in the 4-week session only, the 8-week session only, or both sessions.
When calculating your tuition, use the dates that you entered your program at UIUC/UIS to determine what your equivalent tuition at UIC will be this summer. If you have questions regarding your tuition, please contact the Registration Helpline at (312) 996-8600.
Students can view their student account online through the my.UIC portal to check billing activity, due dates, and make payments.
- Go to my.UIC.
- Log in with your netid and password.
- Select the “Finances” tab.
- Your Student Account Balance is located on the right side of the page.
- Select “Login to UI Pay” to check your student account activity and make a payment.
Your tuition will be charged in June and/or July, and will be due on the 28th of the month, depending on when you registered for your classes. Read UIC’s payment policy for more information.
If you make changes to your registration that result in a range tuition change, you can view the updated balance due by logging into my.UIC.
If you would like more information about billing and payments, visit the Office of Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations Web site.