Tuition And Fees
Below are the General Undergraduate Non-Guaranteed rates for visiting Summer Session Only Students. These figures include tuition, fees, and assessments. Please note that these rates are subject to change prior to the start of the term.
2013 Undergraduate, Non-Guaranteed Rates for Summer Session Only Students*
|3-5 Credit Hours||6 or More Credit Hours|
|In State Total||$2,520||$3,456|
|Out of State Total||$4,378||$6,244|
*This table does not include lab fees. Check the Class Schedule to see if your course requires lab fees.
The Tuition & Fees Table for Summer Session Only Students provides an itemized breakdown of these totals.
Tuition Rates for Visiting Students
Your tuition rate is determined by the following factors:
- Range Tuition – UIC assesses tuition based on ranges of total credit hours for the entire summer, regardless of whether you enroll in the 4-week session, the 8-week session, or both.
- Residency – If you are unsure whether you qualify for in-state tuition, read the university’s Residency Requirements or contact the Office of Admissions at (312) 996-4350 to speak with a Residency Specialist.
- Non-Guaranteed Tuition – UIC guarantees tuition rates for degree-seeking students. As a non-degree student, Summer Session Only students pay the Non-Guaranteed rate.
If you have questions regarding your tuition, contact the Registration Help Line at (312) 996-8600.
Fees and Assessments
Every student is charged a set amount of fees. Assessments are determined by the number of credit hours you take. An itemized list of these rates are provided in the Tuition & Fees Table for Summer Session Only Students and the explanation of the tuition and fees page describes the services supported by fees and assessments.
In addition, please note:
- Lab Fees – Some courses may also require you to pay lab fees. Check the “course information” section in the Class Schedule Search to see if the course you are interested in requires a lab fee.
- Health Insurance Fee – Some visiting students may be eligible to reduce their tuition and fees bill by waiving the Health Insurance fee. For more information, visit the Health Insurance Waiver page.
- CTA U-Pass Fee – For more information on the CTA U-Pass fee, visit the Using Public Transportation page
Students can view their student account online through the my.UIC portal to check billing activity, due dates, and make payments.
- Go to my.UIC.edu using your netID and password. (forget your netID or password?)
- Select the “Finances” tab.
- Your Student Account Balance is located on the right side of the page.
- Select “Login to UI Pay” to check your student account activity and make a payment.
Your tuition will be charged in June and/or July, and will be due on the 28th of the month, depending on when you registered for your classes. Read UIC’s payment policy for more information.
If you make changes to your registration that result in a range tuition change, you can view the updated balance due by logging into my.UIC.edu.
For more information about billing and payments, visit the Office of Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations Web site.